We’ve all been there, you have a long day at work and the LAST thing you want to do is hit the gym. I’ve made up every excuse in the book to get out of working out. I’ve even found myself bargaining with myself ‘I’ll just do 2 a day tomorrow’, ‘I’ll run 8 miles in the morning’, I’ll workout all weekend’ IF I DON’T NEED GO TO THE GYM NOW!
Here are 10 tips on how to work out when you REALLY don’t want to…
- Mentally prepare, just tell yourself to just do the best you can – trust me you will end up working harder than you thought when you actually make it to the gym
- Get comfortable, wear breathable, lightweight workout clothes – If your favorite leggings are dirty, wash them, it will make your workout better
- Bring water, if you forget a water bottle buy one at your workout studio
- Plan out a yummy dinner, then go work for it
- Try a different type of workout , keeping your workout routine fresh will make all the difference
- Get a good nights sleep the night before your workout, being tired is an easy excuse to skip a workout
- Bring a friend, the buddy system works
- Try an ‘at home’ workout (Check out our At Home workout article)
- Get it over with, go first thing in the morning
- Sleep in your workout clothes, then when you wake up all you need to do it go!
Sweat, Review, Repeat
Tips by Lindsey