Ever heard the saying ‘a taste from your lips goes right to your hips?’. For the most part I don’t buy into that, I like to indulge every now and then and it doesn’t always have to reflect on my waste line! The problem with Halloween is that we end up eating WAY too much candy. I know I end up eating all sorts of candy I don’t even like that much JUST BECAUSE it is in front of me, whether at a work Halloween party or at a friends Halloween pregame.
Here are 5 BETTER options for your Halloween candy. Save your indulgence for foods that are WORTH it! … Not on 2 bowls of Special K, 3 pieces of turkey bacon, a handful of popcorn, 5 peanut butter M&M’s and like 3 pieces of licorice…
- On November 3rd, My Fit Foods is offering a Free Small Meal to customers who bring in their leftover individually wrapped Halloween candy to any retail location so that it can be donated to the Boys & Girls Clubs of America (Locations here)
- Check with your local dentist office, many offices are offering $1 a lb for candy. They then donate it to local charities!
- Donate your candy to the troops! (Link here)
- Find a teacher friend of yours and donate it to their classrooms (be wary of candy with nuts!)
- There are a ton of fun recipes you can make with Halloween candy, save it and use the candy on your Thanksgiving desserts or Christmas cookies! (I promise you will save lots of money, have an excuse to get creative, and get lost on Pinterest for hours). Here is a great site for some ideas.
Remember the next day is the beginning of November (the month of the turkey). Now THAT is a time to indulge!
Found this cool map of America’s favorite candy by state! What candy are you?
Sweat, Review, Repeat – Lindsey