100 Days of Summer


I live in Chicago, where we only get about 100 days of summer. That is less than 30% of the year, whereas the other 70% we mostly stay indoors and hibernate. During those cold and dreary days most of us lack the desire to go to the gym or even go for a walk as we rather stay indoors where it is warm and cozy. We end up just drinking and eating the winter months away! So what do we do about those warm summer days that start appearing in late May, early June?…. WE TAKE ADVANTAGE!

Take advantage of the summer months to get outside and use the beach, the lakeshore, or the parks as your gym! Here are some great ideas to get yourself moving in the Summer:

  1. Walk to work, the grocery store, or to meet up with friends. Try stepping away from your Uber app and throwing on some tennis shoes, you might surprise yourself!
  2. Take a walk with a friend instead of a dinner date, or plan both! You might end up on a 10 mile walk just enjoying the weather as well as see some new sights around Chicago or wherever you live!
  3. Take an outdoor yoga or bootcamp, they even offer some of these at Wrigley Field. Check out this ‘Shred to Yoga’ workout that Shred415 is hosting on July 23rd at 9am.
  4. Join a volleyball, softball, or kickball league. I highly recommend going through Chicago Sport and Social Club! I promise you’ll have the best time and meet so many new people. I myself am in a League!
  5. Go kayaking or canoeing. Check out this link to signup
  6. Play frisbee or toss a ball around on the beach

Don’t waste one moment of our precious summer! It is the perfect time to get active, meet new people, and actually get that summer body (hey it’s never too late!). Save the indoor gym for when we need to wear our Canada Goose jackets and tall Uggs. Save yourself from year round menotiny. Your winter self will thank you!

#SweatyReviews

volleyball.jpg

Advertisements

One thought on “100 Days of Summer

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s