Whenever I will try a new workout class, I’ll usually try it once or twice and then decide if the class is worth it to me. A few things that make it ‘worth it’ are:
- The teachers energy and motivation
- The actual makeup of the class, tempo, level of difficulty, etc.
- The music
One class that keeps me coming back every week, and sometimes twice a week, is Elie’s Gotlieb’s HI DEF class at Studio 3 on Clark St.
Not only do I want to look like Elli (she has rocking bod), but her personality and group facilitation skills are out of this world. Her classes work you to the MAX, she plays awesome music that I end up downloading and ask my Uber driver to play, and she never skips a beat in the routine to keep you working hard. The time passes in a flash.
Her Thursday PM and Saturday AM classes are my favorite, one preparing me for the weekend and the other detoxing the tequila shots from Friday night.
So what is it exactly that makes Elli’s HI DEF class at Studio 3 so great?
- Whether it is your first or 100th class, it never gets easy and it’s never the same
- Her energy, I swear she works as hard as us facilitating the class
- The class is heated, but not unbearable (and she knows when to open the door to let a cool breeze in!)
- There are different options for band strength and the ability to grab different size weights (this helps you challenge yourself week over week)
- The grand finale of each class is a partner challenge with a fellow HI DEFFER or we have a friendly competition by row that puts a smile on your face, followed up high fives and fist pumps.
- Elli always encourages a moment of relaxation and stretching before class is over
- I’m ALWAYS sore the next day, but ALWAYS want to come back for more
So, if you are ever in the neighborhood and want to try something new and exciting that will leave you feeling like you accomplished, lean and ready to take on the world, take a HI DEF class at Studio 3.
I promise you won’t be sorry!